01-20-2020 04:44 AM
For about a month now I have had problems with turning on my HP Pavillion laptop. When I press the on button it is extremely temperamental. Even if it is fully charged, sometimes it requires being plugged in just to turn on, other times you have to keep trying to press it or have to leave it 10 mins until it eventually turns on. The light doesn't turn on either. It always turns on in the end but I fear over time the button will just stop working...
I have only just ran out of warranty.
01-22-2020 04:38 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee