Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (31Z44AV)

20230414_180026.jpg20230414_180107.jpgThe operating system crashed, and even automatic recovery is no longer possible.
The PC is unusable

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to use the HP cloud recovery client utility on another PC to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall Windows.

Driver - HP ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC | HP® Customer Support

Here's an info link for how to use the utility:

PC aziendali HP - Utilizzo di HP Cloud Recovery Client in Windows 11 e Windows 10 | Assistenza clien...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, but the PC is not compatible with Cloud Recovery. What can I do?

hp ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 - 02.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

You have to use the file I gave you from your notebook's support page and you enter the serial number for that version of the tool to work. 

HP Recommended

hp ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 - Windows 10 PRO.pnghp ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 - Windows 10 PRO WorkStation.pngSorry again, I still have 2 questions: 1) With the "HP Cloud Recovery" recovery procedure performed with USB, do you completely lose all the data saved in the PC? 2) Which version of Windows 10 should I install, the Windows 10 PRO one or Windows 10 PRO Workstation?

HP Recommended

Yes, you will lose all data stored on the drive.

As far as the operating system version that I do not know.

Enter your notebook's serial number in the search window at the link below and see if it provides any information as to which version of W10 Pro came with your notebook.

HP PartSurfer

HP Recommended

For me it is a tragedy to lose all stored data.
When I bought the PC about a month ago, I took out an insurance policy that includes on-site support, Do You believe that an HP expert can manage to recover the data?
The thing I can tell you is that, I believe, the operating system has completely crashed, in fact, there are no more restore points that were there before.

HP Recommended

This is a peer-to-peer forum. 

We don't work for or represent HP. 

I recommend that you contact HP customer service for assistance before running the cloud recovery tool and see if they can recover the data, or what your options are. 

I always keep my data backed up in case of situations like this. 

HP Recommended

Also, how do I figure out what the recovery key is?hp ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 - Windows 10 PRO - Key.jpeg

HP Recommended

I always back up data too, but the PC is brand new ... and I made a mistake by not backing it up.
Also, so sorry, I am new and I thought this forum was sponsored by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.