Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
L1S10EA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My notebook has operating system Windows 10 now. When I bought It there was Windows 8. How can I back Windows 8 to my notebook?[Personal Information Removed]

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can reinstall W8.1 by making bootable installation media.

Download the W8.1 64 bit ISO file for the version of W8.1 your PC originally came with.

Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File) (microsoft.com)

It would have been either the plain W8.1 64 bit or W8.1 64 bit Single Language.

If you got the right version, then you will not be asked to enter a product key when you go to install W8.1

Use the Microsoft utility that I have zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive, so that it is bootable, or you can use a different free utility such as Rufus.

After W8.1 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP 15-g200 Notebook PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

IMG_20201127_113518.jpg

Thank you Paul!

What is my originally version?

Screen links.

IMG_20201127_113518.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You would want to download the Russian language version of the W8.1 Single Language 64 bit ISO file from the above link.

HP Recommended

I will try,

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi, again:

Unfortunately I was wrong.

Your notebook came with W8.1 with Bing Single Language, so there are no ISO files that will work.

Core Connected = Bing

You will have to leave W10 on there unless you can contact HP in Russia and order W8.1 with Bing single language recovery media.

Cвязь с HP| Официальный сайт | HP® Россия

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.