Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DW1080NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone!

I bought a new notebook  (HP 15-DW1080NL with Windows 10 Home Edition) one month ago and after few days  I started to have some issues with the wake up from suspension mode. The notebook in fact doesn't wake up with the mouse and the keyboard even if the light of power is blinking, so I must do a forced shutdown and restart it again.

I have turned off the fast startup, updated all the possible device drivers and enabled my mouse to wake up the computer from sleep mode (the power management option wasn't there in the keyboard features, I tried to fix it but it seems that my keyboard just doesn't have that option).

The problem still remained so I turned off completely the automatic sleep mode after some time of inactivity (enabling only display to power down after 15 minutes) but now the computer after a prolonged period (usually more than an hour) of inactivity (so only with the energy saving black screen) doesn't wake up and I have to get back to force the shutdown and restart it.

Sorry for my english, hope you understand and try to help me, I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can just try to remove the sleep mode for laptop and keep it on for a period of time. That way you can know if its the sleep issue. If the laptop still decides to sleep when you had already turned it off, something more severe can be the issue, but if it does not go to sleep after a period of time, then it can be an issue relating to the sleep settings.

Also you may be able to get to the root of the problem by checking the device driver settings in the Windows Device Manager utility or by more methods provided in links below.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/exit-vistas-sleep-mode-70215.html

https://www.minitool.com/news/computer-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-windows-10-005.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.