Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-bl108nf (2017)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

Since a few months, I have a problem with my laptop. Only when I'm not doing anything on it, it randomly crashes, and I have no clue of how to solve that.

There is multiple situations when it happens, the only common point is that I'm not using it (it never happens when I'm active on it).

Sometimes, I leave it alone (it's not supposed to get asleep, when charging or not), and when I come back, I have a black screen, the led on the power button indicates that it's still alive, but nothing responds...

I have to force a restart by holding the button for 15 seconds.

If I don't, the processor heats up, the fans don't even respond, never start spinning and it keeps heating up till I do...

Last week, I clicked on "shut down", I closed the hood as usual and got to school (which can be considered as not using it for a few seconds...). When I arrived there and took it out of my bag, it was boiling, still powered up, black screen, and totally stuck at this point, it never completed the shut down...

Sometimes, after a long period of time stuck, it self-restarts, only sometimes...

Just before the self-restart when it happens, I have 2 warnings on the event observer (one or the other, not together):

- "The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646, CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, and CVE-2018-12130 for virtual machines because HyperThreading is enabled. To enable mitigations for virtual machines, disable HyperThreading."

Capture d’écran 2021-11-28 194141.jpg

or 

- "HAXM can't work on system without VT support", "HAXM Failed to init VMX", 

And an other one that I have to translate:

- "HAXM couldn't start because of the following error: a peripheral attached to the system doesn't work properly"

Capture d’écran 2021-11-28 194254.jpg

As the option to disable HyperThreading isn't even available in the BIOS menu I don't know what to do...

Can someone help me ?

(as I'm a computer science student, it's pretty important for me to have a perfectly working computer ☹️ )

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@oolith 

Please install Windows 11 again using

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

to get ISO file,  mount ISO file as a DVD drive then run Setup

mount.png

By default, it keeps all user data/file and programs for you buy please check this option and make sure it has a tick.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@oolith 

Please install Windows 11 again using

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

to get ISO file,  mount ISO file as a DVD drive then run Setup

mount.png

By default, it keeps all user data/file and programs for you buy please check this option and make sure it has a tick.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will try but the problem was already there when I still was on Windows 10. I hope it will work...

HP Recommended

Thanks, seems to be working again until now !

HP Recommended

Actually I spoke too quickly, the problem wasn't solved at all. 

So what I did is changing hypervisorlaunchtype from 'Auto' to 'off'... It's not the best solution, but it temporarily solves this issue (as long as I don't need to run vm's).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.