Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the delay respond,

Here it is the hardware ID.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_165A103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_165A103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF00

I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this W10 driver for the card reader.  Download, unzip and run the setup application from the 1st file listed at the link below.

Card Reader Solutions > Card Reader Controllers Software - REALTEK

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you, I am downloading it right now,  

This is the next unknown device, 

Hardware ID.

USB\VID_138A&PID_0018&REV_0078
USB\VID_138A&PID_0018

Please let me know the  driver for this.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have to manually install this driver for the fingerprint reader.

Run the driver normally.  It will most likely not install the device.

This package contains the driver that enables the Validity Fingerprint Sensor in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security applications.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

If the device didn't install after running the driver, go to the device manager.  Click on the Unknown USB\VID_138A&PID_0018 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.  Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp58900.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

If you use the fingerprint sensor to log into windows, here is the W10 simplepass software...

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp86501-87000/sp86959.exe

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for all your help. I had downloaded previously but some reason I think was not the right driver. It was not working correctly nor taking my password, decided to uninstall it. I have also realized win10 has an optional driver and has an option to activate finger recognitions biometrics directly from the settings, user info, sign-in options, Windows hello, hello fingerprint, Should I still install this HP driver or run it directly from the driver offer by windows and set it up that way? 

Please let me know

And thank you again for all your help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

If you are using the Windows Hello fingerprint logon software, there is no need to install the HP simplepass software.

HP Recommended

Thank you All the conflicts on the Device Manager have been fixed. 

I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul.

Needed to reach to you again, apparently the video card driver for the newest version of win10 is not longer compatible with this older video card. My systems keeps giving me a black screen, this is for an AMD 7200 HD Series. The driver version that I was previously running for years is AMD - Catalyst- 15.7.1 win10 64 bit. Do you have any suggestions? Or should I try to run the driver update tool from AMD? 

Please let me know your though? 

I could probably try to completely uninstall it and run the generic driver,  Bur graphics are terrible,

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you to fix the graphics adapter.

The AMD/Intel switchable graphics adapters never had a W10 driver from HP, and I am amazed that the graphics worked right for your notebook even on the first release of W10 in the Summer of 2015.

You can try to run the AMD driver update tool, but I doubt that will work.

Even on W7, Intel and AMD only released one switchable graphics driver for your notebook's model series, and never released any updates to it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.