Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 640 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello-,

Big problem with this driver missing in Device manager.

I've installed these drivers below twice. I've ran HP Support Assistant. How do you get/install these drivers?? This is the first time i've never been able to find a driver issue with any model. Mind you this LTP is the first time in our shop.

-Intel Chipset Installation Utility

-Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver

-Intel Management Engine Driver

HP ProBook 640 G4 Notebook PC

Thanks for helping!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The last driver is N/A to the PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller device, but the first two are.

Usually that device is listed twice.  The Intel Chipset Installation Utility installs one instance of it, and the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver installs the other instance of it.

What I recommend you do if you have not done so already would be to click on the problem device, click on the driver tab, click on Update driver, select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the location of the driver folder where those two files unpacked to.

That folder will be located in C:\SWsetup\sp#####, where ##### is the file number of those drivers.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

If not, we will look at other versions of those drivers to try.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Appreciate that suggestion i thought we were gonna have a winner I tried each one - both files unpacked and pointed to each folder with sub folder checked off but Windows could not find the driver - bummer.

PS You are correct it was listed twice.

HP Recommended

I fixed it 🙂 What I did was drill down a little further. When I selected update driver select browse then let me choose etc.. then have disk and then pointed to the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework folder and under driver there were two listed.

-dpft_acpi

-dpft_cpu.

I checked out both to see what would be listed then clicked cancel and pulled up the other one. I decided to pick the acpi. There were multiple to choose from but the top one was listed as a thermal ambient temperature sensor participant. (from HP site)

Description:

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

When I hit ok it installed successfully and the Device Manager was normal. Seems exactly what it needed.

Sweet!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it to install.

HP Recommended

Me too! and thanks again. I also checkout that chipset. HP hasn't updated this model to this version on there driver page?

Not sure on the 8th gen I'd have to go back to the specs. My manager ordered it and it was delivered today. We put our custom Windows 10 image on it. Thats why i'm in this situation lol. Sometimes the drivers load fine even for different hardware and models - not so much for this one I had a handful of devices that needed drivers. We gotta get the driver package and load the drivers to our WDS Server so when we pull down the image this won't be an issue. 👍🙌

HP Recommended

Anytime.

There is a newer chipset driver than the one on the support page.

I don't know why HP doesn't have it on the 650 G4's page, because it is on several other business notebook's support pages.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95135.exe

The thermal dynamic driver on the support page is the latest one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.