Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14 ce050 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi John here, please my computer got black screen , Boot device not found . Please install an operating system, on your hard disk. Hard Disk(3F0) . well i thought i bought one with the computer . please can anyone tell me what i can do now . Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

This could indicate a problem with the hard drive. You should try running hardware diagnostics on the drive. Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Press the power button and continuously press ESC until the startup menu appears. Press F2 to enter diagnostics and perform the fast test or hard drive component test.

If you get a failure id or continue to have problems, you should contact HP directly in the UK. Insert the serial number of the notebook in the link below and see the contact options available.:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact/laptops

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks David for the advice .I have tryed f2 with on/off . All well pass the f11 just wont work . i got no operating systen . i had a partition a back up of all i should ever need but its just gone . I realise the hp comunity are just trying to help n well thanks . Over last few days i tryed all can find . look thanks for help i just need talk to HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.