Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My f9 boot choices are UEFI file, notebook hard drive and network adapter. The selected one is UEFI. FWIW the DVD drive seems to run for a long time before yielding to the stanard error messages.

HP Recommended

Secure boot was disabled when I got to it. I changed the boot order with internal cd first for both UEFI and Legacy. I confirm and save the changes. It never asks for a code.

HP Recommended

Have you checked to see if the dvd will boot on another machine? Maybe try creating a Windows 10 usb flash drive .

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried one of the disks to boot my PC. It seemed to crash it.  And none of the UEFI recovery options have corrected it. How now do I get my main somputer back.

HP Recommended

I tried to boot the computer with a recovery disk downloaded from Microsoft to test the disk as suggested on the HP forum. This computer crashed when I tired to enter my pin. All automatic attempts to repair the problem failed. No recovery was available. I did a quick test and verified that the HD and Memory were ok. I am able to get to a command prompt which shows sysem 32. I'm wondering if I inadvertently downloaded a 32k rather than 64k recovery disk.

HP Recommended

Even Windows 10 64bit has a System 32. Besides that, either 32bit or 64bit Windows would work.

Just to clarify-are you saying you finally managed to boot from the dvd and install Windows but it crashed at the logon window?

HP Recommended

The computer booted up with one of the Microsoft downloaded disks in the DVD player. It got to the login screen and crashed when I put in my pin. I can't be sure it booted with the disk. In any case it won't now boot with the disk but rather goes directly to the diagnosis.

HP Recommended

1-How did you get to a login screen if you didn't boot from the dvd and install Windows?

2-Is the hard drive you installed not blank? Does it have a previous Windows installation on it from another machine?

3-Have you used F2 to test the hard drive you put in?

HP Recommended

I was booting on my desktop which had a viable windows 10 on it. I don't know whether it booted from that or the dis. Obviously the hard drive on my desktop was not blank and the desk top was working. I have tested the hard drive on the desktop since, and it passes all quick tests.

HP Recommended

It obviously booted from the hdd since you reached a login screen. It crashed at that point because of completely different hardware/drivers.

At this point I am not sure how to proceed if you can't get the dvd to boot. Have you tried it to see if it will boot on the desktop?  If it does you should get to an Install screen where you can just cancel out.

I would probably go back in BIOS and reset to Default settings. Try booting to F9 again with dvd.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.