Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK 645 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please My full ram is 8GB and It shows 3.20gb usable please help Me i dont know much about the computer so help i really need your help i have watched everything on youtube tried everything from msconfig to paging file so and i have changed my bios type to uefi and i dont understand my Bios setupCapture.PNGimages.pngplease Help me i dont know how to fix it and i am using this laptop for school, so Hp please help please

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

@Tobi13 -- 

1. Open the Windows "Task Manager"
  2. Switch to the "Performance" tab
  3. Click on the icon for RAM
  4. What do you see? (Upload a screen-capture)
  5. Near the bottom of the "Performance" tab, click to launch "Process Monitor"
  6. Within P.M., click on RAM. What do you see? (Upload a screen-capture.)

It is possible that your motherboard is "stealing" 4GB of RAM to use as a video-buffer, leaving only 4 GB available for Windows itself, and Windows applications, to use.

HP Recommended

TO ITSMYNAME:

I HAVE REMOVED ONE OF MY RAM.

AND IT STILL SHOWING THE SAME STUFF

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

DID I GET IT . PLEASE HELP ME

HP Recommended

@Tobi13 -- are you sure that you are running the 64-bit version of Windows?  You probably are, but I want to confirm it, because a 32-bit version of Windows cannot use more than 3.2 GB of RAM, whether you have 4 GB or 8 GB of RAM physically installed. 

HP Recommended

TO ITS MY NAME:

yeah i am running a 64 bit windows

Capture23.PNGCapture22.PNG

PLEASE CHECK IF THIS CAN HELP

HP Recommended

@Tobi13 -- on my computer, I see:

Capture.JPG

So, I have a 64-bit processor, running a 64-bit Operating System.

Your computer also has a 64-bit processor, but I do not see anything to show that it running the 64-bit version of Windows.

A 64-bit processor can run the 32-bit version of Windows 10.

HP Recommended

PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE IS THERE AN APP OR ANY SOLUTION I CAN USE PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended

@Tobi13 -- IS THERE AN APP OR ANY SOLUTION I CAN USE PLEASE HELP

You do not need to "shout".

1. Open the Windows "File Explorer".
  2. Click with the right-side mouse-bottom on "Computer" or "My Computer" down the left edge.
  3. Click on "Properties".

You should get output like:

Capture.JPG

Do you see "32-bit" or "64-bit" ?

HP Recommended

Am sorry i left my caps onCapture love.PNG

HP Recommended

@Tobi13 -- thanks for posting that "Properties" page. Did you have both sticks of RAM installed, or just one of your two sticks of RAM? Is it possible that one of the sticks was not properly "seated" in its socket, such that the motherboard only could detect one of the two sticks?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.