Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Presario CQ50
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My son gave me a Presario CQ50 that worked well for awhile, but now it won't even boot up.  He suggests I change the battery but I can't figure out how to get into the computer.  Where is the battery located on this equipment and what is the easiest way to change it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your Presario CQ50 ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Normally, you can release the battery latch and pull the battery out

cq50.png

cq51.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your Presario CQ50 ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Normally, you can release the battery latch and pull the battery out

cq50.png

cq51.png

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the diagram and instructions.  The battery popped right out.  I've replaced the battery before in my desktop and guess I was expecting a small round battery.  Can the battery be tested to see if that's the problem before I invest in a replacement?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Laptops also use a small round battery called CMOS or RTC battery But in many cases ths battery is in one unit similar to the following image

rtc.png

It can live for the whole life of a laptop.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Then, I guess I'm done.  When you start talking about system boards, I'm wholly intimidated.  Maybe later on I'll try to figure it out, or maybe I'll just take it to a computer repair store.  Again, thanks for your enlightenment of my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.