Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My windows 7 labtop starts with this error message, Primary (internal battery) 601. Does it mean I have to replace the main battery or there is another battery internally? Thanks to all.

Yaw George
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 601 error refers to your notebooks main battery and indicates the storage capacity has fallen below 25% of the original value.

Best regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 601 error refers to your notebooks main battery and indicates the storage capacity has fallen below 25% of the original value.

Best regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
How i can fix this
HP Recommended

So I know this means my internal memory has reach below 25% is there a way to clean it up?

HP Recommended

HOW I CAN FIX  THE BATTERY OR FROM WHERE I CAN PURCHASE NEW BATTERY >

HP Recommended

Hi, new here.  First post. 

I too, am getting the Internal Battery 601 message.  I don't understand how it can be the main battery, because my computer is shutting off with plenty of battery power left according to the icon at the bottom.  ???

Could there be something wrong with the battery so that the power level reflected on the icon is incorrect?

I initally replaced the round battery inside beside the hard drive because I assumed that's the "internal" one.  Stupidly, I didn't look to see what the model number was on it, just replaced it with a similar one I had that fit.  Can anyone tell me the correct battery type that goes inside?  I'd like to make sure I have the right one and I can't seem to find that information anywhere.  Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

How do i fix it?

HP Recommended

whos error battery?

HP Recommended

Im receiving an error message upon turning on my PC that reads, Primal Internal Battery low. How can I fix this?
Thank you,

Lara

HP Recommended

When I turn on my HP laptop (dv-4). I receive the infamous 601 error and cannot get past a blank blue screen. I have replaced the internal (cmos) battery and still receive the same message. I also took my laptop to a battery replacement shop and installed a new external battery and it still has not fixed the problem . . . still will not get past a blank blue screen!!! I have searched the internet for answers, but it seems no one has offered any good solutions that work. Anybody have any real solutions????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.