Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 11 EE G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have got a new ProBook 11 EE G2 and now I want to install windows 7 on a new SSD disk.

I use an USB with the install media on and just after clicking "install now" there comes a window title "Load driver" and a message that some CD/DVD driver is missing, there is no Cd or DVD, so it must be something else, I try to add HP driver files from the download section to the install media and try to use Intel chipset drivers, no luck, Intel Rapid storage did also not do the trick, or Intel USB 3.0 drivers.

So how to install windows 7 on this beast?

What drivers do I need, and where to get them, HP seems not to have them.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has a eMMC drive, there is no W7 storage controller driver for eMMC drives, which is the reason you can't install W7 on there.

There is no solution that I know of except to install a supported operating system (W10).

HP Recommended

I am not sure that there is a eMMC drive in my PC, there are two slots, one is with a WiFi/Bluetooth module I think the other is empty.

I had swaped the original SATA drive with a SSD drive, and I have made a partition on that drive with the install medias command line option (shift F10) and formatted it too, so the SSD drive is visible at install time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.