12-10-2019 08:49 PM - edited 12-16-2019 10:39 AM
I rececently buy mi first gaming laptop, and everything was going very well, but for a few days I had problems starting Windows, since when I start Windows it remains in the omen logo and I have to press the power button to turn it off and when I turn it on again everything works fine.
So i don't know if it's a bios or windows problem.
12-11-2019 06:54 AM - edited 12-11-2019 06:55 AM
Please, prepare some time - here are a couple of things you may need to try :
Check Device Manager
1. Click on the Windows Start button, type and then open Device Manager
2. Locate System devices and expand the trail
3. Locate and right click on "Intel (R) Management Engine Interface" then select Properties
4. Select Power management tap
5. And uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
6. Save it and close it.
Turn off Fast Startup
- Click on Start button
- Type control.exe and Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does
- Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable" and Uncheck "Turn on Fast Startup"
- Make sure you press "Save changes" button
Try updating the BIOS
- what is BIOS >> https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/bios.htm
- how to update it >> https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Let me know how it goes.
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe