Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
J0Y18EA#ABZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello
As in the title, I have a serious problem with the notebook.
I downloaded a ISO 64 bit of Windows 7, I insert the DVD into the player and the disk does not start booting, I checked everything from the BIOS are right, what's the problem?
I have read that there is a boot boot protection as you can remove and insert any ISO? Do you have a configuration BIOS sample photo for my Hp 250 G3 ?.
Another thing I do not have the recovery disk where you download?
I would like to put windows 7 on windows 10 because I find it unstable.
Thank you for answering.

number series CND4489766

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

If you're from Europe, you can get recovery media for your machine from best2serve.com, and that would bring you back to the factory installed Windows 8.1. That's the simplest and quickest solution. No fooling around with iso images, drivers, etc etc.

If you insist on installing Windows 7, you need to disable secure boot from bios.

I'd stick to the factory image if I were you, save yourself the trouble, unless you really enjoy tinkering with the laptop.

Oh and I'm not from Hp or anything.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

If you're from Europe, you can get recovery media for your machine from best2serve.com, and that would bring you back to the factory installed Windows 8.1. That's the simplest and quickest solution. No fooling around with iso images, drivers, etc etc.

If you insist on installing Windows 7, you need to disable secure boot from bios.

I'd stick to the factory image if I were you, save yourself the trouble, unless you really enjoy tinkering with the laptop.

Oh and I'm not from Hp or anything.

Cheers

HP Recommended

hi!

Thanks for your answer.
Anyway I solved I installed correctly windows 7 bhè say that's ok I installed all the drivers.
It has been very difficult and very heavy, but in the end I succeeded.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.