Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded from BIOS F.57 to F.58. The upgrade seemed to go fine, but after upgrading about 1 out of 5 times, after shutting down, it will not reboot. The screen doesn't light up, the fan turns on and the caps-lock light blinks. It eventually boots after trying various combinations of holding windows key, power, V, and B. Today I tried over and over again for 45 minutes before it finally booted. It gives me a message that the bios is corrupt, needs to be reset, reboots and works fine... Until one of the next times I reboot.

The HP recovery menu has an option to roll the BIOS back to the previous version, but It gives me an error saying BIOS can't be rolled back. I tried booting from a USB to flash F.57 but it says BIOS can not be downgraded

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jzm3,

As far as I am concerned, in regard to the BIOS in most cases it can't be downgraded. However you can try to re-install it. it might solve the issue.

Kind Regard,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Jzm3,

As far as I am concerned, in regard to the BIOS in most cases it can't be downgraded. However you can try to re-install it. it might solve the issue.

Kind Regard,

HP Recommended

There are options in HP diagnostics to Downgrade.

The error I get is 

"Unable to open BIOS signature file"

There must be a way, it would be pretty silly for HP to give us the option if it wasn't possible.

IMG_20190924_140420.jpgIMG_20190924_140434.jpg

HP Recommended

can you try to put a version earlier than F.57 on a usb stick, go for F.56 and try to select the bios image manually. check if that will work.

HP Recommended

I tried your first suggestion and reinstalled the F.58 BIOS, haven't tried downgrading, I've restarted multiple times without problems. It might be fixed.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for the reply and accepting the solution

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.