Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-ca0513ng

I did a BIOS update today from F.21 to the latest F.63. When I looked in the task manager I noticed that the RAM speed is only 2400mhz and not the possible 2666mhz that was clocked before the update. I have not found any way to increase it in the BIOS or otherwise.

TaskmanagerTaskmanagerHP Support AssistantHP Support Assistant

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I found out that the Ryzen 3 2200U actually only supports 2400mhz. Nevertheless, I'm sure that 2666mhz was still indicated shortly before the BIOS update.
Unfortunately, I can't find a button to delete this post anywhere.

HP Recommended

Hi @MT-Studios,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If your HP laptop's RAM is not using its full speed, there could be a few reasons for this. Here are some possible causes and solutions.

• RAM is not installed properly: Check if the RAM is properly installed in the laptop. It should be fully seated in its slot and the clips should be secured.
  • BIOS settings need to be adjusted: Some laptops have settings in the BIOS that limit the RAM speed. Check your laptop's BIOS settings to ensure that the RAM speed is set to the maximum.
  • RAM is not compatible: Check the laptop's documentation to ensure that the RAM you have installed is compatible with the laptop. If the RAM is not compatible, it may not run at full speed.
  • RAM is faulty: If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that the RAM itself is faulty. Try testing the RAM using a diagnostic tool such as MemTest86.
  • Other system components are limiting RAM speed: Some laptop models have limitations on how fast the RAM can operate due to limitations of the processor, chipset or motherboard. If this is the case, upgrading the RAM may not provide a noticeable improvement in performance.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have already found the solution to my question, but there is no way visible to me here to delete the question (see my answer)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.