cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ran a diagnostics test and it says problems with my hard drive.

HP Recommended
Notebook- F200
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HELP! I use my laptop for mine and my daughters school. It was running perfectly fine she watched Netflix after school. We turned the laptop off and when we tried to turn it on it won't do anything but show a black screen, the HP logo, than the loading symbol. The hp will go away but the loading symbol shows than it will go black. When you move the mouse around it shows the loading symbol. I tried resetting it and it goes through the steps. Than says there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.  I ran a diagnostics test and it gave me a failure code for my hard drive. How can I fix this??? Please help and thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Level 3
22 21 1 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes definitely does seem that the Hard Drive has failed, and does need replacing. Unfortunately this can happen, due to all sorts of reasons. I recommend you contact a local technician to have your Hard Drive replaced. This shouldn't be expensive fix, but the only fix that can be done. You can probably get a new Hard Drive and repost your issue on here, and one of us can assist you with replacing it correctly? 

Thanks,

Terran.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation