Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is keep shutting down randomly , some times it is in 50% or some times it is in 40%. I recently factory reset my device from windows setting recovery. Befroe doing that my laptop wag giving aboyt 2hrs and 40 mins of backup... Right now it is giving about 1hrs 20 min. My battery Capacity is 41watt hrs, right now it is about 36watt hrs. I own this laptop for about 1 year 8 months. Can anyone help me with this. I am facing too much problem with it. I haven't done any kind of handware update and didn't opned  my laptop hardware for a single time since I brought it. I found my current battery capacity from powercgf/batteryreport.  Capacity is 36watt hrs when battery is 100% charged.  I have roughly 88% battery health. Please help me. It is not too long ago I my laptop shutdown at 18% which was fair enough. BUt with a month since I reset this device I am having problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@SiddhantDas,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Battery issues with the HP Pavilion Notebook keep shutting down randomly.  

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • For Testing and Calibrating the Battery please click this link

Try changing the power mode to "Balanced" or "Better Performance" as the default setting.

Go to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options" > "Change plan settings" > "Change advanced power settings"
Scroll down, click on "Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Setting" > "Config TDP Level",
Then select the middle value for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In".
Scroll further down. Select "Processor power management";
Then select "Maximum processor state";
Change the value from 100% to 96% for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In" options.

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I didn't find the option to configure TDS. But one thing I want to mention is my battery cycle is only 67 in 2 years and If I charge my laptop full then in the morning when i boot up. my battery percentage is about 60%. And then if I connect my charger It instantly goes to 100%.

HP Recommended

Hi@SiddhantDas,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

The TDP option is available only on few models. 

Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine whether the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures.

If the issue persists then it could be a hardware issue on the PC. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Click on this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.