Vienna10
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Randomly freezing notebook

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-db1004ds
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have had this HP Notebook - 15-db1004ds, product number: 7XF85UA#ABA for almost a year now. I hardly use it because it keeps randomly freezing. I have got the usual MS Office package installed and a moderate graphic design software for my home plotter. I reset the entire laptop to the status it had when I got it. I had it checked by an expert who ran stress tests and such. Nothing helped. While I typed this text for the first time, it happened again.

Questions: Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

I would like to set it up from scratch again with Windows 10. But since the operating system was preinstalled - where do I get the activation code?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I've got a couple of days or warranty left. Could this be a warranty case?

1 REPLY 1
Vienna10
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Someone hinted at me that the hard drive could be the issue and needs to be replaced. Does anyone have experience with that?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation