08-02-2019 12:20 PM - edited 08-02-2019 12:21 PM
I am using Probook 6460b as well and need help to re-install the Windows 7 Pro. I got the key number from the COA sticker.
May you instruct the method of this free method?
There is one another option which is not official and may not work but is free and you could try it if you are willing. It will work only if you have COA sticker attached to the PC and if it is readable. For your model it may be under the battery. Let me know if you are willing to try and I will post instructions
08-02-2019 04:04 PM - edited 08-02-2019 10:21 PM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.
Note that I have moved your post into your own thread to keep it all in one place related to your request for help now.
With regards to free Windows 7 installation and downloads for any OEM PC (and more) you may follow these steps:
- You may use an unofficial option known as a utility from Heidoc to download the OEM image of Windows 7 as the OS vendor Microsoft no longer provides publicly OEM versions
You can use this free utility
- Read the attached PDF instructions (below), use Heidoc, Rufus, boot from a USB device using the F9 options
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 7. Perform clean installation/custom installation (not repair).
Delete all existing partitions and install Windows on Disc 0 Unallocated space
- After successful Windows installation, install drivers taken from HP web site
- Make sure Windows is Activated by going to Start > Control Panel > System
- Let me know if you face any difficulties
**** Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional
10-22-2019 10:06 PM - edited 10-22-2019 11:42 PM
I got this error message when I tried to download OEM image. It has limit on download. May you help on the error? OR any other place for the ISO?
there is another section for Windows 7 (Aug 2018)? Can I download that one instead? What is the difference?