Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
4AK78UA

Bought a used hp laptop. When i went to factory rest it it got stuck on 46%. I read on another post on her to restart computer. So I restarted computer and it said reboot not complete. I pushed okay it went ahead and was re installing windows. One of my kids turned it off. When i turned it back on it now says" the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows. Click ok To restart the computer, and then restart the installation".  I pushed okay and the computer restarted and the same message came back up. In the background it just says HP and the dot circle thing going on and says preparing. Help me please im not a computer or it wiz.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your 15-da0033wm notebook should be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.

You will need to have access to another Windows PC running Windows 7 64 bit or newer on it and a 32 GB USB flash drive.

Here is an info link for how to use the cloud recovery tool...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.