Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since Windows 10 Creator update the other day. When I start the laptop the HP Action shield has a cross and says restart device.

I thought this would be a one off. However every time I start up the laptop the same thing happens and I have to restart. Then the action shield has a green tick. 

Also noted the WiFi icon is showing a dot or one bar whereas it was more than this before update. WiFi router is working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Pippa5,

I reviewed the post completely. You've displayed great troubleshooting skills, immaculate expertise and infinite patience to resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job brilliantly done. 🙂 It is honestly appreciated. Based on your previous post I gave you the steps that should have fixed the issue for you.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise.:) It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudosto appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Pippa5,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with Some software called HP Action Center. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Please let me know the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.
  • Please provide a screenshot of the exact error to assist you better. You could also provide an image for the same.

For now please try these steps:

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi DavidSMP

Thank you for your reply. Whilst waiting for a reply I saw the Action shield was to do with security and so went into the security section and saw 2 green ticks but a cross for windows defender. It said to turn on windows Defender. I clicked the tab even though I have my own AV installed.

I then went into security and maintenance via control panel (I had saved the icon when changing from Window 8 to Windows 10 etc). I saw all settings were on and it showed my AV being active (this means that Windows Defender is usually disabled). Then I saw the Action Icon now had a Green tick. So all seems ok now and this morning I didn't get a red cross on action icon or a mesage saying restart.

Model: HP Pavillion 15 Notebook 15-n298sa

HP Recommended

Hi @Pippa5,

I reviewed the post completely. You've displayed great troubleshooting skills, immaculate expertise and infinite patience to resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job brilliantly done. 🙂 It is honestly appreciated. Based on your previous post I gave you the steps that should have fixed the issue for you.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise.:) It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudosto appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.