Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV1029us
Microsoft Windows XP

I Had a DV1029US With the Original Windows XP Install from the Recovery Media, After one of the restarts, it Stopped working with a recovery manager error Recovery Attempt has failed, The Discs Layout (Recovery Media For Windows XP Products: DV1000 Series) is:

1. Disc 1 - Windows XP Home Basic (Part 1) DV1000/V2000 Required Files 
  2. Disc 2 - Windows XP Home Basic (Part 2) DV1000/V2000 Required Files 
  3. Disc 3 - Windows XP Home Basic (Part 3) DV1000/V2000 Required Files 
  4. Disc 1 - Windows XP Business (Part 1) Compaq NX 6000 Required Files 
  5. Disc 2 - Windows XP Business (Part 2) Compaq NX 6000 Required Files
  6. Disc 3 - Windows XP Business (Part 3) Compaq NX 6000 Required Files
  7. Disc 1 - Windows XP Media Center 2005 (Part 1) Pavilion DV7000/9000 Required Files  (Includes 2 Games Plus A DISCover WildTangent Ripoff.)
  8. Disc 2 - Windows XP Media Center 2005 (Part 2) Pavilion DV7000/9000 Required Files (Includes 2 Games Plus A DISCover WildTangent Ripoff.)
  9. Disc 3 - Windows XP Media Center 2005 (Part 3) Pavilion DV7000/9000 Required Files (Includes 2 Games Plus A DISCover WildTangent Ripoff.)
  10. Disc 4 - Original Software (All DV Series 2004 models)
  11. Disc 4 - Original Software (All Compaq NX Series 2004 models)
  12. Disc 4 - Original Software (DV70xx)
  13. Disc 5 - Drivers (All DV Series 2004 models)
  14. Disc 5 - Drivers (All Compaq NX series 2004 models)
  15. Disc 5 - Drivers (DV70xx)
  16. Supplemental 1 - for a DV3000
  17. Supplemental 2 - for a DV5000

I Don't look of a DV7000/9000 MCE 2005 Recovery Discs 1 thru 3 because i now own a used DV7010nx, the original owner had stubborn GemMaster and EnglishOtto folders at program files, as Well As DISCover Games, they unfortuantly removed and swapped from a dv2400 line running Windows XP Home Edition SP2 Running of a Probally HP DV1000 Set.

Spoiler
i know both pcs run windows xp sp2, so the DV1000 can't install Windows Me In Virtualbox due it's 64 GB.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DocVir 

OK, I get what you are saying -- but what is it you expect us here to be able to do?

HP has not supported XP with recovery media for many years and the third-party sites are the same.  Microsoft is the same situation.

If you tried a recovery from media you already have, my guess, if this is the original disk drive, is that the drive is failing -- given the age of the PC.  And, if it has one of those older IDE drives (the ones with lots of little pins sticking out the back), you are even worse off because no one I know has sold IDE laptop drives for many years.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.