Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 2136tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have lost my Recovery Disk, is there any way i can reset my PC which is not working.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If that is the original Windows 7 that came with the PC, the Recovery Manager should allow you to use the Recovery Image on the hard drive.  If you check the hard drive, there should be a second partition that is called Recovery.  You can run Recovery Manager inside of Windows or if it will not boot, you can run it from the start-up menu.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

I must warn you that Windows 7 is no longer supported and running the Recovery will put the OS back to when the PC was produced.  There will no longer be any updates installed that may have been added while the PC was actually performing properly.  IMHO, if the Windows 7 is working, then doing the Recovery is a bad idea.  It might be a good idea to state why you wish to do the reset.  It is not the same as running a reset on a Windows 10 PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I found my Discs but now there is new Problem, my CD Rom is not working. Is there any way i can convert those Recovery Discs to USB ?

HP Recommended

my CD Rom is not working. Is there any way i can convert those Recovery Discs to USB ?

HP Recommended

There may be a way to convert the Recovery disk set to USB but I have not seen any documentation for a successful conversion.  Assuming there to be more than one CD/DVD, you would need to make a transition between the first and second disk Etc for it to work.  That is where the problem will be.

I would get a USB DVD drive to replace the failed CD/DVD drive, IMHO and be good.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.