Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-af114au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello friends,

Thanks for addressing my issue.

i am facing issue during windows 10 recovery .  i got error window " restoration incomplete"in the deatils  if i click and could see the CTOerror.flg, it says about windows 10 preinstall diagnostic tools -TDC

Timing:Factory Update

Error:Incorrect brand name.

Next step:please check Notebook Model or feature byte.

i have tried to reset but no use.

i am worrying about personal files as well,when i checked through the command prompt i could see the drive which i created.

how to get back my laptop normal.

i am glad if i get help.Thanks in advance

Regards,

Raju

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you tried to factory reset your notebook, most likely your personal files are gone.

The only suggestion I can offer since the factory reset failed, would be to clean install W10.

Make bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Make the 64 bit installation media, and you will need to have access to another Windows PC to do this.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8543365/model/8876784

HP Recommended

ruuningproblem.JPGHi Paul,

Thanks for your hep & and sharing for information on Windows 10   installation

i am trying to install windows as per the link ,have downloaded the windows tool creation  

i could not to create the  installation media (USB flash drive) for another  windows 10,facing error

ruuningproblem.JPG

i am using the windows 7 environment to create flash drive for windows 10.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be.

You may want to post your question on the Microsoft Windows forum and see if anyone can help.

Anytime I have used the Media creation tool, it has worked 100% of the time.

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.