Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-g100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had every Windows 10 problem known to man. After trying every fix I could find, out of frustration with build 17017, I decided the clean install was worth trying. When all was done I lost a lot of email related stuff (my fault), and now the recovery partition is empty. Is there an easy way to re-create it ? I don't need it to be Windows 7 or 8, just an alternate boot drive.  Of course, I wish I could go back to Windows 7, but that ship sailed. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Old guy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

No the recovery partition is a creature of a factory original installation. You have another OS. You have lots of backup and recovery options with Windows 10 besides a static "back to factory" recovery partition. These would allow you to have at any time a recovery image that will bring you right back to the current state of the computer or to the very recent past if disaster strikes. Post back if you want to discuss them. 

Thanks Huffer, I will take your answer as NO. The "factory original installation" is only 500 mb, which is not large enough for much of anything in the Windows 10 world. I appreciate your reply since it's the only one I got besides a private message from "HP HELPDESK", which looks like a scam. I am curious, by your statement: " You have another OS "??

Old guy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No the recovery partition is a creature of a factory original installation. You have another OS. You have lots of backup and recovery options with Windows 10 besides a static "back to factory" recovery partition. These would allow you to have at any time a recovery image that will bring you right back to the current state of the computer or to the very recent past if disaster strikes. Post back if you want to discuss them. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

Thanks Huffer, I will take your answer as NO. The "factory original installation" is only 500 mb, which is not large enough for much of anything in the Windows 10 world. I appreciate your reply since it's the only one I got besides a private message from "HP HELPDESK", which looks like a scam. I am curious, by your statement: " You have another OS "??

Old guy.
HP Recommended

When you give yourself the Solution what you are saying is that you don't need any help. Good luck figuring it out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.