1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Recovery does not contain HP features

Laptop HP 17z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I previously thought that all of the software, (OS platform, and features), resided on the hidden Recovery partition, but perhaps it does not. My previous HPs and PCs had installation CDROM DVDs, with seperate DVDs for Operating System (HP and MS Windows), and HP Feature software, on disk. That type of media organization was very good, and I wonder whether that might be a clue to this current problem.

I could not find out the original installation Software Build #, factory installed by the OEM, before my System crashed.  I did a BIOS System Recovery, and came out alright, with Windows 10.  How can I check if my current Software Build # is the same, as the OEM factory installed version ?  

Although the system is working alright, I am noticing many of the HP feature programs missing, and they do not appear on the <Programs & Features> panel of installed programs.

This raises the question of whether the HD hidden partition contains a complete system image, or only the operating system.  If they sent me this PC brand new, with no system disks, then how am I supposed to restore the HP Feature software and programs ?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,406 81,299 10,146 21,804
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Recovery does not contain HP features

@En-000 wrote:

... This raises the question of whether the HD hidden partition contains a complete system image, or only the operating system.  If they sent me this PC brand new, with no system disks, then how am I supposed to restore the HP Feature software and programs ?

@En-000 

No. Recovery partition does not contain all software and features installed on machine. HP used to list which ones are in and which ones are out but HP stopped this recently.

You can download NEWER/UPDATED versions of nearly all HP software and features and install to your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation