Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 15 j133tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I recently sent my HP envy notebook for dust cleaning to a HP center(it was under warranty). The guy whose job was to repair it wiped the HDD clean claiming that it would make the machine run faster. Then he asked for the recovery disks that had been made when I bought the notebook. After a day, the guy called me back saying that the recovery was unsuccessful as the recovery folder is not present in the HDD or something like that.
And he's asking me to buy the windows again....What the.....please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you search the forum you will find many errors such as your's -solved by changing date in BIOS:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Issues-with-System-Recovery/m-p...

Btw-HP even has a document online somewhere about the date change.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Tell the guy to change date in BIOS to 1/01/2012, Save & Exit. Run the Recovery Discs again.

HP Recommended
He's actually asking me to buy new recovery disks from HP. I am running short on time so I won't get to try anything. PS how do I put up an image in my reply because I have a pic of the error...
HP Recommended

Use the icon in the bar at top of Reply message screen. The 10th one from left-Insert/Edit Image. 

HP Recommended

IMG-20170527-WA0008.jpg

HP Recommended

If you search the forum you will find many errors such as your's -solved by changing date in BIOS:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Issues-with-System-Recovery/m-p...

Btw-HP even has a document online somewhere about the date change.

HP Recommended
Dude, it worked....thankssss
HP Recommended

You're very welcome. Happy to hear you are back up and running. Don't forget to go back into BIOS and reset to correct date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.