Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Funny this post didn't come up when I was looking for info to prepare recovery media. Paul Tikkanen responded to my post of a couple of days ago giving links. I still haven't got a solution working and the laptop is sitting like an expensive brick in the corner of the room doing nothing because I can't prepare recovery media before configuring it with additional software and going online. Sure I used the MS media creator application to prepare a stick using a windows7 pro machine and telling the media tool that the required media is 'for another pc' but it isn't clear what version of windows 10 the tool created and neither is it clear that the media will in fact actually install when needed as MS indicate use of their install iso's require an install key. George on HP phone support tried to be confident but left me feeling even less confident that HP do actually care about this critical backup stage. Its about time there was a video demo of each of the methods available (if they work) that shows how they work,, not just to create the media but also when it comes to install as the install key issue is a very real concern. I bought a pre-installed pc and I expect to be able to use it when out of warrantee including, if necessary to do a complete reset format and reintall of window to clear the machine of anything that may at some point get past security or screw up the machine operation.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PC60

If you are unable to create the Recovery Media, I suggest you contact HP Support to order one

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.