Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP255 G5 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to restore windows 10 and I do not have recovery media. Is there anything I can do? The laptop has no garanty left. 

The computer had windows 7 from beginning but I upgraded it to windows 10.

ProdID W4M84EA#UUW

Is there anyone who can help me please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have to clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

Hi I get following answer when I tried to reinstall windows 10: the partition reserved by the system could not be updated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...when you get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.  Click Next, and see if W10 will continue to install.

You will lose all data you previously had on the hard drive if you do this, just so you know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.