cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
20 14 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Reinstall windows 10

HP Recommended
HP255 G5 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to restore windows 10 and I do not have recovery media. Is there anything I can do? The laptop has no garanty left. 

The computer had windows 7 from beginning but I upgraded it to windows 10.

ProdID W4M84EA#UUW

Is there anyone who can help me please.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 21
Level 21
125,992 116,173 18,856 28,773
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have to clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
20 14 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I get following answer when I tried to reinstall windows 10: the partition reserved by the system could not be updated.

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
125,992 116,173 18,856 28,773
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...when you get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.  Click Next, and see if W10 will continue to install.

You will lose all data you previously had on the hard drive if you do this, just so you know.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation