Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

ello Team,

i am trying to install Win 7 into Elite boot using USB DVD drive , then it pops out below screen error . i have tried changing USB ports and different installation disks. But the issue still same .

when i tried with win 10 usb flash installation it was ok and completed successfully.

But when i tried win 7 usb flash or usb dvd installation then it comes out that error .Its my companies compliance to run Win 7 enterprise all over the globe thats why trying to install win 7 other wise i could have proceed with win 10.

Please need you to resolve this issue .

Regards

RajuImage result for a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing. if you have a driver floppy disk cd dvd or usb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use this tool to put the required USB drivers into your W7 installation flash drive.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

There is a readme link on the page for how to use the tool.

You will need to convert your W7 installation media into USB flash drive installation media according to the instructions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use this tool to put the required USB drivers into your W7 installation flash drive.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

There is a readme link on the page for how to use the tool.

You will need to convert your W7 installation media into USB flash drive installation media according to the instructions.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul , great it was workign with your expertised solution.

To explain in details we use to image  with our altiris image win 7 enterprise with pre loaded /approved applications  all the laptops/desktops .

So the same i have done the same for this laptop, i dont know why for quite some time it was ok and started giving the problem like distorted display with , hanging mmediatly after restart or randamly at  any time .

I have tried different ways ,like safeboot and it was ok with safe boot , then reinstalled graphic drvers still unable to resolve, then escalted to hp support , then they ask me to test with win 10 so i did and it was ok .

finally i have tried to image another laptop completly using active boot disk tool , then it was having issue . so , i found some thing wrong with my companies image or applications preloaded into it .

If possible can i know what could be the reason why when image it from my companies altirs image the laptop having this distorted issue.

Thanks and Regards

Raju

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Raju.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be with that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.