Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much! 

Have a good day ! 

HP Recommended

The problem is solved , today I finished the HDD with that software and the password has gone . Thank you very much ! 

HP Recommended

@stefan94stefan

Great to hear it solved your problem.

REO

HP Recommended
Hi stefan94stefan and REO51ST, would anyone of you guys tell me how to put the files into an hard drive as I'm having a real tough time figuring it out. I know how to do it on USB but the think is that the laptop doesn't boot to it so my only option is to boot it on a hard drive but I can't figure out how to put the files in. Any help will be majorly appreciated.

Thanks
HP Recommended

@Haidhur

When you go to create the drive go to Options then I think you click on other than drive."Sorry something like that"

Then you can put it on a cheap 40GB HDD and boot to it.

REO

HP Recommended
Ok thanks a lot for the help i will be doing this in abit I'll let you know what I do, to see if I'm doing it correct. Really appreciate the help
HP Recommended
Hi REO51ST, I've sucessfully made the HDD bootable to that dos program but the think is when I put it to the locked laptop it still give a bios password and I can't boot from it.

Any solutions for this please.

Thanks
HP Recommended

The thing that gets me confused is that it boot up to my other system fine but doesn't still boot up to the locked HP laptop. BTW, the laptop is a HP Probook 6360b.

can anyone here please fix this issue. 

would really appreciate it 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello. I have an HP EliteBook 8740W Mobile Workstation with BIOS password forgotten The PC works normally and boot ODD or SSD/HDD with S.O.

But if i would to put in BIOS or update BIOS is required a BIOS password and this is forgotten.

I use the Tools suggested in this thread HPBR

The software detect the USB Flash Drive.

But the software not detect the HDD.

I try the procedure with USB on 8740W

The tools run and i do all suggested option:

CD..

HPBR

3 (RE-PROGRAMM)

5 (SHOTGUN)

at restart of PC newly 5 (SHOTGUN)

But the PC not is unlocked and BIOS password is required.

I try to format HDD in FAT32 with a small partion as 8GB or 40GB, with no succes.

USB Image Tool not recognize HDD.

Is necessary HDD to procedure?

USB Flash drive not is good?

In the list of PC supported HP 8740W not is supported.

What is the right procedure to reset bios password of HP EliteBook 8740W Mobile Workstation?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I put that files on a HDD formated FAT32 and after insert the HDD in laptop without USB , directly on SATA port. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.