Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hello my friend

"help me please"

i have a hp probook 4520s notebook pc. but it has importante problem, that is: black screen in start up- turn on and off caps lock key  priodly and starting power but no turn off.

if possible, help me immediatelly; because i have very importante programs and data in it.

thank a lot.

your friend vahid.

HP Recommended

it will not let me right click on the recovery parition 

HP Recommended
it will not let me click on the recovery partition what should i do?
HP Recommended

@okiwtgetc wrote:

no disk was provided at purchase and a user set admin password. Must get in to restore to original settings upon purchase. The F11 key for restore is not available when esc key is pressed during start up.
How do I get inside this computer???

[Personal Information Removed]

Thanks

@okiwtgetc wrote:

no disk was provided at purchase and a user set admin password. Must get in to restore to original settings upon purchase. The F11 key for restore is not available when esc key is pressed during start up.
How do I get inside this computer???

[Personal Information Removed]

Thanks

HP Recommended
When you do the restore back to factory settings it is sopposed to wipe pics spy wear ect correct?
HP Recommended

Jst some few weeks ago i order a hp 4420s laptop from eBay everThing Working fine, finally one day while i install virtual box and setup a virtual machine and error occur as my virtualization is not enable In the hardware i turn off the laptop and try entering bios settings i saw that its asking me bios password... i try contecting the sellers to get me the password bt no positive replay... i even thouT of reselling it to some of my frnd bt evertym i turn on the lap i feel very confortable using it only In some few days i hv been vry attach to this lap n tryng To forget abt reselling it.... i hv tried many possiblities to remove or reset the bios password bt its still not working... I really need help From any1 in some few options
1. Is dr a bios reset solution for hp probook 4420s?
2. Can i flash the bios without the password?
3. Should i contact hp support ? If yes how much money it will cost me n their contact no. Please..
Please some1 please help me fast resolve the solution God will bless you... plz replay me and snd me an email too... my email: zaclucian@gmail.com

HP Recommended
Tried to Update to 10 ! Worked for a week. Won't load windows. Keeps starting with an HP Encryption log in page. Same as when it automatically updated in the middle of night and restarted. In morning would enter my Microsoft password or the three "Spare Key" security questions. Neither of which will work. Same Spare Key questions come up, won't take the correct answers. I can get to Advanced Options with Command Prompt. HP recovery, different dates won't work. I can get to Bios set up page. Have original Recovery disc. Appreciate help !!!!
HP Recommended

Hello, patdio58 :

Try to do one thing here if you can get to your advance options>>> goto System restore and try restoring if it dosn't help than replay again>>>

HP Recommended

I am relatively sure I must have performed that action, 25 times in a few weeks, but thanks for the suggestion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.