Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-CX0172TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought the HP Pavilion 15-CX0172TX 5 months ago in Thailand. I've uninstalled the system that it came with it and Installed the Professional version of Windows as i got an SSD drive for the Operation System, That means I've formatted the drive it came with it.

I wanted to ask if there's any way that i could get the Laptop back to the Operation System it came from the day i bought it?

I mean to the OS that was installed in the factory?

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

answer is NO.  You had to capture Windows partition by yourself  when you get the notebook the first day,  and keep the file with Windows 10 factory installation in an external storage to be able to reapply it now.

To have back windows working , you have to reinstall Windows 10 OS from scratch , then manually install all needed drivers for your notebook.

BYe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.