Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-g192nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new Pavilion 17-g192nr laptop running windows 10.   When I go into documents and right click on a document to delete it, my cursor turns to an hour glass and stays there and freezes the laptop.   I have to completely close out of everything.    I have read this is happening to others as well.    I do I fix this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I called Microsoft this morning. They took remote access of my computer and fixed the problem. Apparently it had something to do with Windows 10. Thank you for your gelp but I am all set now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@sesebark,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that on you new notebook when you right click on a document to delete it, the hour glass pops up and the notebook freezes.  Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant?  Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Have you checked for viruses and malware? MS Malicious Software Removal Tool.  What program was the document created in?  Do you have the same issue with a document created in Word Pad or a different program?  Here is a link to  HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎, which may also help. If the issue remains, please contact HP Support for assistance. With your permission, they can access your system to help find and fix difficulties.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the "Thumbs Up" below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Thank you for your response. All windows updates are up to date. How do I run HP support assistant? How do I run the windows troubleshooter? Have checked for viruses and malware and found none. Document was created in word and also in excel. Seems like this happens with all documents no matter where it was created. I have contacted HP support and I am not interested in paying $150 to have them remotely access my computer after just spending $1300 in this laptop three weeks ago. Any help you or anyone else can offer is appreciated. I have read in this forum that many others have this problem as well.
HP Recommended

Hi @sesebark,

Thank you for the update.

If you create a document other then in an Office program do you have the same issue,  Both Microsoft Word and Excel are from the Microsoft Office Suite.  Try creating a document in Word Pad, save it,  then try right-clicking to delete it.  Do you have the same issue? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Office programs?  

Here are links to assist you with running the HP Support Assistant and accessing the Windows troubleshooter. Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps,Windows Update Troubleshooter and HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please keep me apprised of your progress.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I called Microsoft this morning. They took remote access of my computer and fixed the problem. Apparently it had something to do with Windows 10. Thank you for your gelp but I am all set now.
HP Recommended

Hi @sesbark,

Thank you for the update, I am glad you were able to overcome this issue.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.