Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebok8540w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ricoh Bay 8 smart card reader not working after windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

Can anyone made some suggestions for a work around to this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the W7 driver for the card reader system which includes the Ricoh Bay 8 Controller.

This package contains the Ricoh Media Card Reader Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Ricoh Media Card Reader driver provides support for the following media: Memory Stick, xD-Picture Card, MMC, SD, and SmartCard.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46972.exe

HP Recommended

This helps with my elitebook 8530w, windows 10-1709, 64 bit. After Upgrading to windows 10, the sd-card reader would not accept any medium, though the device manager showed the sd card manager entry without signalling any error.

But the installation of the sp46972.exe driver package would not work automatically.

First time I right-clicked the downloaded driver package and choose 'treat with compatibility problems'  = 'Behandle Kompatibilitätsprobleme'.  The assistant  automativcally recognized 'Windows XP SP3' compatibilty level and failed after I  let it test the installer with this configuration.

The next time I told the assistant manually, to use 'Window 7 ' compatibility level. With this configuration the next try was finally successful.

SD-Cards are recognized and shown in windows explorer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.