Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-r138nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello , i have a problem with the sd card reader ,i have an hp 15-r138nl with a sd reader , i made the sd bootble to istall windows 10 cleanly ,( windows is already installed in the pc) the problem accours in the boot manager where the sd card is not detected, i activated the legacy option from the bios, i have set the diskette usb as the first boot device, but nothing changes.
so I would like to know if this is normal or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have created a bootable SDHC drive, have you tried this:

- press and hold the power-on button of the PC for at least 5-6 seconds to completely shut it down ?

- Insert the drive in

- Press the power-on button once to start the PC and

- Immediately start hitting F9 repeatedly

F9 will open HP Boot menu and it will list all options available to boot from at that moment . Do you see your SDHC device there ?

• If you still cannot see it there,

Would that be an option for you - would you be able to try with a plain USB flash drive  ?

You need one at least 8GB in size.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Dado_ 

Thank you for posting.

Make sure the Windows is properly written and that the memory card has been configured properly.

After that, try booting again.

* Important - make sure you follow the steps in the instructions.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

thank you for reply , i make sd bootable with rufus , i think  can't install windows 10 from sd card because if i put the usb pendrive without  bootable windows os is detected  in boot manager ... but the sd card not , i will try to remake the sd card bootable ....

ps. i had make sd card bootable also with media creation tool of microsoft , but it don't work 😞

HP Recommended

If you have created a bootable SDHC drive, have you tried this:

- press and hold the power-on button of the PC for at least 5-6 seconds to completely shut it down ?

- Insert the drive in

- Press the power-on button once to start the PC and

- Immediately start hitting F9 repeatedly

F9 will open HP Boot menu and it will list all options available to boot from at that moment . Do you see your SDHC device there ?

• If you still cannot see it there,

Would that be an option for you - would you be able to try with a plain USB flash drive  ?

You need one at least 8GB in size.

HP Recommended

i will use a usb flash drive ... sdhc card was not possible , thank you for support!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.