Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

SSD for windows and a second SSD to save files

HP Recommended
HP 15-BS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it usefull to use one ssd for my windows and programs and a second ssd drive for my files as video's ? Both installed in my laptop. The video's will be used on the installed programs on my ssd drive. Or can i just use a normal mechanic drive as second drive for my videos ?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,487 23,426 2,164 5,101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Robenson 

While SSDs do perform faster than HDDs, the downside is that they generally cost twice as much, if not more.  So, we tend to reserve them for OS function as that does a lot of disk I/O.

Using a HDD will not slow down the videos, either during recording, writing, or playing and it costs about half what an SSD of the same capacity would cost.

I would use an HDD for the videos, not an SSD -- but it's your money, it's your call.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation