Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

> 866-756-0309

> 800-727-2472

Always do a Google-search, entering one of the above numbers (or whatever number they call from).

You'll find posted comments from other people who have also received calls from the number.

Just the fact that the "top-ten" Google-results feature this number is an indication that many people have searched for the number, and then made comments on sites like "who calls me (dot) com".

HP Recommended
This is very strange. I just dialed that number and I selected option 2 and a man got on the phone telling me that it was the actual HP company and they were aware of many calls being made from that number and that it's a scam.

Is it possible that the real HP somehow was able to take over that telephone number and advise people that was a previous scam? Just wondering...
HP Recommended

> Is it possible that the real HP somehow was able to take over that telephone number and advise people that was a previous scam? Just wondering... 

A lawyer would say that "anything is possible", including a "take over" of a telephone-number.

But, the usual answer is that 'CPE' (Customer Provided [telephone] Equipment) can be configured to show any telephone-number and any Caller-ID information, when placing a call.

Think about those VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) devices.

They must be configured, in software, to respond to show their number, and their Caller-ID details.

Yes, in software, by the customer, not by the Telephone Company.

So, it is "scammers" who configure their VOIP adapters to show "Sprint Canada" or "HP Support", or a telephone-number that HP has "owned" for 10 or 20 years.  Sigh.

Sneaky!  😞

HP Recommended
Just received "the HP call" tonight.
800-200-0047 or 800SERVICE.
Caller was from India, convincing, but i couldn't keep him on the phone, because i laughed, i hadnt turned my HP home computer on for several weeks. He acted insulted.
HP Recommended

>  i couldn't keep him on the phone ...

Too bad.  The more time that he wastes with you, the less time that he has to talk with somebody more gullible than you.

Also, I suspect that his performance is being monitored -- the "worst-performing" employee at the call-center will be "out-placed" (fired) at the end of the month -- that is what happens at the local new-car-sales dealer.

HP Recommended

I received a phone call from number 209-813-2541 telling me that they were from HP Support third party and that they were going to refund me $199.00 however, they had to get into my computer.  Hmm refund? Need to get into my computer?  I called HP and they told me not to do it, i.e, don't allow them to get into my computer.

ray

HP Recommended

Got rid of my home phone.   That's it.  I can't have the convenience of this phone any longer.  HP calls, Dell calls--all fake.  All from f-----g India.  

HP Recommended

Yes, you were "phished" -- offered some "bait" ($199) to let them remotely take full control of your computer, possibly to compromise it, or possibly to "booby-trap" it with a password that you'll have to pay to receive, or other "nasty" bits.

Always Google-search the caller's telephone-number, to get pages like:

https://www.whoisthatnumber.com/phonenumber/209-813-2504

which some other people have commented about calls they have received from the same (probably spoofed) telephone-number.

HP Recommended

I have also received numerous calls from the phone number: (800) 180-1810 lately, and I accidentally answered it today by mistake.

The caller said he was calling from HP and that he needs to remote into my computer because they were receiving notifications from my computer indicating that it had been attacked while I was online and that he needed to update my virus protection so he can scan my laptop for viruses and remove them.

After I refused give him any information off my computer and denying him remote access to it, he said that if I change my mind then I can reach him through this website: https://www.hpshopping.in/help and he'll respond as soon as possible so he can help me get rid of the viruses.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue.  The scammers have my laptop model, serial number, cell number and all records of my tech support issues with HP. The real H.P. tech people in India obviously sold my information to scammers. What sucks is the fact that H.P. gives one phone call over the issue with moronic advice about not posting all of your personal information online as if I'm that stupid, then never calls again while the H.P. scammers call nonstop! I pay extra for H.P. Tech support and their outsourced Indian tech people sell my information then H.P. blames it on me! What an insult!

If if you bought your H.P product online, cancel your credit card!  Do not purchase extra tech support from H.P. if you unfortunatly purchased one of their products!  If you are still within your warranty period take advantage of that and get your money back and purchase a product from a company without security issues!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.