Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 15 e015tx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

At first laptop doesn't power on , so reseted CMOS battery.

Now laptops power on but after few minutes screen becomes fuzzy and laptop shuts off.

So I thought it could be software problem and I decided to factory reset using hp recovery manager.
I couldn't able to complete recovery process it being repeatedly shuts off and then I have start recovery from 1st disk to last.

Now I lost my Windows 8 OS, also during recovery process.

Now every time I begin factory reset process the screen becomes fuzzy and laptop shuts off.

I thought of downloading Windows 8 OS from Microsoft but I lost my product key as my Windows 8 OS been deleted during recovery process.0F515549-A040-4C36-AC86-6E1C9CEA9418.jpeg46D20489-5773-405B-B300-2D86F7AFED3D.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Rahul_Then

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

Most likely this is a hardware issue. However, to isolate the problem to the screen or video chip, attach an external monitor -- use VGA/HDMI/DVI cable.

• if it shows the same fault, you have a bad video chip.
  • If it's OK, you may simply have a loose cable - or a bad screen

HP has created an official article about the problems you experience - please, check this article and read it and its details >>

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c01881110

Let me know how it goes. Looking forward to your reply.

**** I would appreciate if you click the White Thumb-up+ for encouragement and kudos ****
**** Please mark this post as an accepted solution if it helps ****

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.