Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0049ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I'm playing GTA V or Rainbow Six Siege, my laptop suddenly goes on to show me "locking" screen then it just turn black and I need to manually turn it back on. It happens only after the BIOS update about a week ago. I need help resolving this situation. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you updated your BIOS to F.08? 

Can you check your BIOS version and let me know? 

HP Recommended

Hi there ! 

Let me make this thing clear . I AM NOT HP TECHNICIAN OR SUPPORT AGENT. I AM JUST AN OLD HP CUSTOMER. WHATEVER SOLUTIONS I SUGGEST YOU ARE DOING IT ON YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF FAILURE. IF YOU RAN INTO IT.

I recommend you to rollback the BIOS Update. 

TRY THIS :

In the SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS(HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS UEFI)>FIRMWARE MANAGEMENT>BIOS ROLLBACK.

This will downgrade your BIOS to the previous one.

HOPE THIS HELPS. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS AS A SOLUTION IF IT WORKS WELL. LET ME KNOW HOW DOES IT GO.

HP Recommended

You can't roll bios back with that model though. 

HP Recommended

Yes my BIOS version is F.08

HP Recommended

I tried downgrading and it gives me problems such as unable to open my microsoft office applications. 

HP Recommended

I'm also facing the same issue in my pavilion laptop while playing gta 5..please help me if you have fixed it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.