Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-rb006nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new hp laptop 15-rb006nia and installed a new windows 10 2004, but when i upgraded my drivers and installed some apps like IDM, adobe acrobat reader, chrome and other few i needed and then turn off the system for some while and turn it on i see glitches, i tried uninstalling the display driver and updating it and it's still the same. And also my battery does last more than 2hrs 30minutes. Please can anyone help me on how to fix this problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ameenu 

You said you bought this new laptop and then installed Windows10 yourself, right? So where did you get Windows 10? Did you download it from Microsoft?

IF so, that was a BAD idea -- as you then wiped out the HP drivers with generic drivers provided by Microsoft.  That includes the display driver, which is customized by HP for their equipment.  If you got the driver from Microsoft, it is amazing it even works.

Your best bet at this point, if you did NOT use HP OEM installer, is to look into using the HP Cloud Recovery option to create media to use to reinstall Windows on your PC -- as that will have the proper HP drivers.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ameenu 

You said you bought this new laptop and then installed Windows10 yourself, right? So where did you get Windows 10? Did you download it from Microsoft?

IF so, that was a BAD idea -- as you then wiped out the HP drivers with generic drivers provided by Microsoft.  That includes the display driver, which is customized by HP for their equipment.  If you got the driver from Microsoft, it is amazing it even works.

Your best bet at this point, if you did NOT use HP OEM installer, is to look into using the HP Cloud Recovery option to create media to use to reinstall Windows on your PC -- as that will have the proper HP drivers.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, your tips were helpful. I've tried installing the new drivers as you've suggested from hp and so far the glitches are gone. Hope it stays this way. Thanks o

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.