Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15(T)-DF0000, 15(T)-DF0013DX through 0043DX, and 15(T)-0068NR through 0070NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The ones with the Coffee Lake i7-8750H might yield different results.  Let me start with the positives.  So far, I enjoy this laptop's audio/video performance, especially when choosing the OLED display and activating the Bang & Olufsen audio system.  If anything, my criticism is more on how I think something great could be made even greater.  I've used HP laptops for seven years.  This one is the first one I've used which whether when using the factory configuration or after performing a clean installation of Windows 10:  (1) There is no support for the Microsoft High Definition Audio Device, driver, which requires me to install the HP Audio Control app to obtain any audio at all, which doesn't help when my sight condition requires me to use Narrator when booting from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to perform a clean installation, requiring me to ask a family member or friend to erase my laptop for me according to the onscreen instructions and options.  (2) The "Balanced" power plan is the only power plan I have.  The "Power Saver" and "High Performance" power plans are missing.  (3) several settings and options are missing from the Windows advanced power options such as hard disk, all the processor power management options including minimum and maximum processor states and system cooling, PCI Express link state power management, Intel Graphics settings, USB settings, Internet Explorer Java Script timer frequency, multimedia  settings, and wireless adapter settings.  I have been able to obtain the best speed and responsiveness when configuring these settings.  Is the hardware in these Whiskey Lake i7-8565U / Intel Optain editions of the Spectre so new that Microsoft hasn't yet embeded support for any of this new hardware in releases of Windows?  Or are there things I can try in the BIOS, and/or drivers I can try installing and uninstalling?  I tried different settings in HP Command Center, removing HP Command Center, and installing and uninstalling Intel Dynamic Platform Thermal Framework, both with and without HP Command Center, and I'm getting the same results.  I tried to install the most recent version of HP CoolSense, but I received an error stating these models don't support HP CoolSense.  Also, I notice my fan is running a little harder than it needs to, no matter what combination of settings I choose, drivers, and software I have installed and don't have installed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

On the day before this reply, I called HP's technical support and explained this to them.  They insisted I use HP's Command Center app.  I wasn't getting results I'm satisfied with when checking the CPU in the Windows Task Manager.  So on the day of this reply, I explained this to Microsoft Windows support.  They accessed my computer remotely and disabled something in the Windows Registry Editor and got all these options back.  After  making my usual settings, Windows Task Manager now shows the results I expect from this laptop.  When using a few cores for less demanding tasks, the speed remains high, and then when using more cores for heavier tasks, the speed drops to maintain a low TDP and keep it cool.  Upon my request, the rep e-mailed the instructions to me for this procedure.  I prefer and recommend having these power options available and would like to share the instructions on what to look for in the Windows Registry Editor and what to change it to.

Good luck,

Chris

"

Hello Chris,

Good Day !

Case : 1476607670

Here;s the steps that we used.

Using the folders on the left hand side, navigate to the following  folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power on  the right, one of the keys near the top should be called CsEnabled. Click on this. 

Change the value of this key from 1 to 0.

After you reboot you should have your power plans back

Thanks for reaching out to the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.

We appreciate the time you took to work on your issue with us today and hope you are satisfied with the support we offered. You may receive a short survey that we hope you will consider filling out. It’s completely anonymous and feedback from great customers, like you, helps us provide better service.

Remember that you can also visit the Microsoft Support homepage for step-by-step instructions and getting started info on our products.

For any technical assistance, contact the Disability Answer Desk at aka.ms/DisabilityAnswerDesk. We also provide Be My Eyes video call support in addition to Phone, Chat, and ASL support. Download the free Be My Eyesapp at the Apple iOS storeor the Google Play store.

Something to consider

If you have product feedback on any of the Microsoft Accessibility features or want to share your ideas, please visit the Accessibility UserVoice page at aka.ms/accessibilityfeedback.

A suggestion for you

Want to learn more about accessibility feature in Windows 10 and Office 365? Register for our monthly webinars to get direct help and productive tips at aka.ms/accessibilitywebinars and register for sessions you’re interested in. Our next webinar will cover Learning Tools for the Inclusive Classroomon July 17, 2019, 12:00 – 1:00 pm Pacific Time (7:00 – 8:00 pm GMT)

Thanks again,

Marilou R

Microsoft Customer Service and Support

Your service request number is 1476607670 in case you need it.

Read the Microsoft support services agreement.

This message from Microsoft is an important part of a program, service, or product that you or your company purchased or participate in.

Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052 USA

"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.