Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Envy 4-1070EL (B3Y37EA#ABZ)

Windows 7 64b

Bios updated to F.13

Intel Rapid Storage enabled

Hi,

i'm trying to install Windows 8 Pro on VHD for testing, using instructions found in forums (for example http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/342073/Install-and-boot-Windows-8-from-vhd).

I reboot from usb, I arrive to windows 8 setup, but when I press Shift+F10 doesn't open the command prompt to create vhd.

Have I to enable Shift+F10?

Ths 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may need to change a setting in your bios, depending on the model to activate the Action Keys without having to first push fn.

Try this first: fn+f10+shift

Otherwise, go into the bios and look under the Configuration topics and Disable the Action Keys Mode.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Great, Fn+Shift+F10 is OK!

Ths

Mike

HP Recommended

I have also a similar problem.

I'm trying to access cmd prompt from my system repair disk windows 7 by pressing shift+f10 or fn+shift+f10 without successful result.

About related Laptop: HP630

Unsuccessful Attempts:

1.- Used Repair disk Windows 7 (self created from the current Windows 7 OS installation 64 bits -No problems-):

I can access to the the language screen but by pressing shift+f10 or fn+shift+f10 nothing happens. I have also deactivated Action Keys Mode in BIOS but still has the same behaviour.

2.-  Used Repair disk Windows 7 (created from the another Windows 7 OS 64 bits):

It has the same problem as it happens in Attempt 1. So, the issue seems to be not related with corrupted repair disk.

Any idea of what is really going on will be really appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Eloi

HP Recommended

Thanks Big_Dave!  

fn+f10+shift worked for me on my Dell XPS 13 laptop -

I was able to boot to my win10 USB drive to copy my windows 7 drivers over to my windows 7 HDD, as my USB 3.0 ports on my XPS 13 win 7 would not see my USB 2.0 drives until i copied over my USB 3.0 drivers. 

Read the Effing Manual!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.