Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Last 6 moths I used Linux *Manjaro. and it is really fast, from boot, shut down, opening apps, multitasking etc.

I switched back to Win10 , and difference is really visible.

Only reason why I switched back to Win10 is fully working Bang and olufsen sound / 4 speakers.

Is there any guide how to speed up my windows, is it safe to remove bloatwares etc

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Brtza94 

First off, let's deal with a common misconception in order to save you grief -- as bloatware does NOT, repeat NOT, slow down your PC.  While HP does install a bunch of utilities, they take up very little space and use very little processor power.  So removing them would not speed up your PC and risks corrupting it.

Second, in terms of speeding up your PC, there are two different situations.  The first is boot time -- and that is a direct result of how much stuff you have loaded at startup. The more you disable, the faster the boot time.  The second is the hard drive.  If the PC is really, really SLOW, that is an indicator of a failing drive -- which you then need to check. 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.