Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-eb1043dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Afternoon,

I am running :

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎11/‎10/‎2020
OS build 19042.789
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I have a mess. I was learning about virtual environments as I'm studying for my A+. When I shut down Windows Sandbox, everything went wrong. I don't even know where to start. Through a data recovery, I have managed to retrieve "most" of my files: 5GB worth of "stuff". With that being said, it was havoc. After 12 hours of sorting through everything, 2 issues still remain. The windows app "Your Phone" will not install. I still receive error 0x80073D05.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it. I've tried scan disk and dism restore health. I've tried to use a media installation disk I just made on this computer. The process errors out saying no drivers found to run process. I have gone through PowerShell to reload the apps. I have gone through the Registry. I have cleared MS Store's cache through elevated CMD. Nothing will reset this app. I have gone to HP Support page to look for updated drivers. There are several dated January and February 2021 that the HP Assistant is not recognizing when I run the update search. When I try to manually download them to install, every link takes me to a page with an error: 404 page not found. On the Microsoft support page, a tech told someone with the same issue that his Acer was outdated to go to his manufacturer for support. My HP is 4 months old. I know that isn't the case. Can someone please assist me? I've run out of ideas. The only thing I have yet to try is mount the OS on the drive and try an in place upgrade or wipe the drive and start from scratch..... 😭

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally had to call and speak with HP. They actually have a team for Spectre support. The tech had to remote in and look at my computer. Even he couldn't understand why it was acting the way it was.  Finally, he determined my OS was corrupted. He also said to never use Microsoft Media Creation tool, always use HP Cloud Recovery Tool. (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205) which was news to me. I have always used it. But w/e, at that point I was gave to try. Believe it or not,  it was so much easier to use. The only draw back is I had upgraded my OS to Win 10 Pro. HP Recovery will restore a PC to OEM OS only. So I needed to complete my OS upgrade after the recovery. I'm still working on restoring everything.  But at 3:30am I figured I better get "some" sleep.

Thanks again to both of you for your input! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@HC_1 

You have to use software/drivers of the series HP 15-eb1000:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-15-eb1000/356...

For error 0x80073D05, please try

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-store-error-0x80073d05-when-installing-or-uninstalling-apps

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien,

Thank  you for your immediate reply!  The HP link is the link I've been trying. It's not working for me

HC_1_0-1612896821509.png

HP Recommended

Hi, @HC_1 

There is an extra step you need to perform in order to install W10 on a PC with an Intel 11th gen core processor such as yours.

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

The link they direct you to the HP support site doesn't work.

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp109000.exe

There is another thing I don't understand in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

So, if you have the same issue, download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp109000), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

Regarding the support page...you can access the drivers you need for your notebook at the link below...

HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-eb1000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Paul,

Thank you for your reply. 

The link to HP support: HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-eb1000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support is the same link I've been using. I get the same results. I even downloaded another browser just now  (Chrome) and still achieved the same result: page not found.

With respect to the Media Installation tool, I think I get what they're saying...??

It's not right click>extract

I think they just mean save as? or download it and mount the file on the usb possibly? Your thoughts?

Thanks again.,,,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The driver page link I posted works fine for me and I even tried downloading a couple of the drivers listed there with no problem at all.

When you use the Media creation tool, select the option to make a bootable USB drive, vice saving an ISO file.

The tool will automatically create a bootable USB installation flash drive with W10.

Why you are getting the 'no drives found error' is what the information I posted refers to.

You have to extract Intel RST driver Exe file link I posted into a folder so you can browse to the F6 folder as indicated in the instructions to select the driver that will allow you to see the drive, and there no Extract to: option when simply right clicking on the Exe file in Windows.

I had to install the free 7-Zip file utility to get the Extract to option.

Then you copy the extracted folder to a USB flash drive, browse to the F6 folder located within that main folder and select the storage driver indicated in the document.

HP Recommended

I finally had to call and speak with HP. They actually have a team for Spectre support. The tech had to remote in and look at my computer. Even he couldn't understand why it was acting the way it was.  Finally, he determined my OS was corrupted. He also said to never use Microsoft Media Creation tool, always use HP Cloud Recovery Tool. (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205) which was news to me. I have always used it. But w/e, at that point I was gave to try. Believe it or not,  it was so much easier to use. The only draw back is I had upgraded my OS to Win 10 Pro. HP Recovery will restore a PC to OEM OS only. So I needed to complete my OS upgrade after the recovery. I'm still working on restoring everything.  But at 3:30am I figured I better get "some" sleep.

Thanks again to both of you for your input! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me.

HP Recommended

Try Reset this PC. It`s faster. Try Microsoft Edge for manually download drivers.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 112039.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to get your PC back up and running again.

HP Recommended

I do use Edge. It's my primary browser. I also attempted the reset pc option and got caught in a loop due to my OS being corrupt.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.