Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

By reading posts/reviews on the Targus DOCK190 USZ as well as talking to Targus technical support, this dock should charge this laptop through either the Thunderbolt port or the other USB-C port.  When I plug the dock into the Spectre it starts charging, then after a few minutes it stops, then it starts back up and then stops again after a bit. It keeps toggling between charging and not (same behavior on both ports).  Targus told me it must be a faulty dock so I sent it back and got a new one. EXACT same behavior with the new dock.  So is this an issue with my laptop?  Several times while connecting the dock and trying to use an external monitor through the dock the laptop has rebooted on its own and comes up with the black BIOS boot window in the upper left hand corner.  Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Juk12 

Firstly what EXACTLY is your Spectre x360 15"  ? Secondary did you check COMPATIBLE before buying the dock ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Even the following dock is NOT compatible with Spectre machines

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04959218

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The exact model is: HP Spectre x360 - 15 - df0070nr.

As for compatibility, I read product reviews by individuals that had used the Targus DOCK190 successfully with Spectre x360-15 laptops.  I also talked to Targus support who indicated that it would work.  My guess is that something has changed with the model I have that it no longer works with the Targus DOCK190.

At this point I'm doubting whether any power-delivery docking station will work with the laptop I have.  Do you know of any that will work?

Do you know what HP is going to have a docking station of their own that will work with this laptop?

I am very surprised that this issue exists.

Thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.