Did you mean: 
Tanner123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre laptop won’t turn on.

Spectre

I’ve had my Spectre laptop for 6 months now. It died on low battery and since won’t turn on. I followed the directions I found on a form on this website that said to hold down the power button for 15 seconds and then plug in the power adapter, and proceed to attempt to power on the laptop that didn’t work. It said if that didn’t work that I’d have to wait 12 hours for it to charge which also didn’t work. This is highly frustrating for the inconvenience and the money I spent to avoid poor products like this. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
18,257 18,202 1,705 3,998
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre laptop won’t turn on.

@Tanner123 

If it's only 6 months old, then it is still covered under the original HP one-year warranty.

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation